Connect with laundry experts

Register for a Free or Premium membership now

Learn about the laundry industry

Read valuable content to build your business

Expand your laundry business

Classified Postings are free for Premium members

Join Now Login Advertise Payment

The Laundromat Success Program™ helps you create a detailed plan to completely protect all aspects of your laundromat business.

Tell them Coinwash.com sent you....

Go Back   Coinwash The key to a successful Laundromat Business. > Laundromat 101-Newbie Section.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:27 PM

Default Looking for a new washer and dryer for a small apartment building. Any recommendation

Hi there,

I'm looking for a recommendation on a coin op washer and dryer for an apartment building with about 20 tenants.

So far I've found that Dexter and Huebsch can sell me something for around 5 to 8 thousand dollars for the pair.

Any specific models I should look out for? Any drawbacks to either brand? I've heard that the Huebsch can have bearing problems down the road. Would that even be an expensive fix outside of the 3 year warranty?

Is it worth the extra money to get the full on Huesbch Galaxy 600 washer or just pure overkill?

Any advice would be great. New to researching all of this and there's so many options.

Thanks in advance to anyone replying.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:21 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila View Post
Hi there,

I'm looking for a recommendation on a coin op washer and dryer for an apartment building with about 20 tenants.

So far I've found that Dexter and Huebsch can sell me something for around 5 to 8 thousand dollars for the pair.

Any specific models I should look out for? Any drawbacks to either brand? I've heard that the Huebsch can have bearing problems down the road. Would that even be an expensive fix outside of the 3 year warranty?

Is it worth the extra money to get the full on Huesbch Galaxy 600 washer or just pure overkill?

Any advice would be great. New to researching all of this and there's so many options.

Thanks in advance to anyone replying.
Whatever you do price your vend to include purchase and repair!

You are dealing with a captive clientele! Don't be shy!

They have the option to use a mat, (not a bad thing ;-)))
Old 11-24-2016, 03:31 AM

I am biased, but I do very little work on the many Dexter machines in this area, which means they do not break, and still look good when they are 10 - 15 years old.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:28 AM

Hey thanks for the replies.
I'll definitely be saving a portion of the money through for repairs on the machine.

I looked into the Dexter products and their cheapest washer is the price of a set of nice Huebsch products so I don't think I can manage that brand right now. A little pricey. Unless one of you guys on the board can hook up a deal!

I'm wondering if anyone here has purchased a Huebsch Galaxy 600 washer and how much is reasonable to spend on it?

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2016, 09:18 AM
grosa001
"site-seer"

I've got a bunch of huebsch washers with the Galaxy 600 upgrade. It does a nice job at controlling water usage for loads that aren't 100% full. However, I have a larger laundromat and you're just using one pair of W/D. The cost-benefit analysis changes there, I believe. I forget what they're charging for the G600 upgrade, but I don't think you would benefit from it much. You're not going to be running a ton of water on that machine anyways.

Are you looking at the Horizon frontloaders? I noticed you mentioned 3 yr warranty. I have 12 of those with the Galaxy 600. They each run 3-5 times/day every day and never had any issues in just over a year. But ask me in two more years. #1 problem with them is that customers try to cram way too much into them and they don't wash it well. But that can happen on any size machine