Service Manuals Testimonials Multimedia Editorials Archives Payments Sponsors Join Now! Advertise Contact Us Domains For Sale

The Laundromat Success Program™ helps you create a detailed plan to completely protect all aspects of your laundromat business.

Tell them Coinwash.com sent you...
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Anonymous
"site-seer"

Default Wascomat 124 Bearing job problem

I attempted my first bearing job on a W124. Now the basket binds against the front of the machine. What did I do wrong?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:52 AM

Well I think the cylinder is not seated properly in the trunnion. Could be as simple as tightening the nut that holds the pulley on the shaft or you may have to dis-assemble and check your seal and bearing installation. From the front of the washer with the door open, put a block of wood against the rear of the cylinder and see if you can bump the cylinder back into its proper position. Re-tighten the nut on the cylinder. if you did not create any play in the pulley area, you were not successful and the cylinder will have to come out to see what is going on.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Anonymous
"site-seer"

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but which part is the trunnion?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Administrator Assistant

It looks like a cone and has a bearing in the front and another in the back. It's what the shaft is going through. I've never done a Wascomat, but on my Unimacs after putting the the basket back in I had to put a heavy fender washer and bolt into the end of the shaft. As I tightened the bolt it pulled the shaft in more so it could fully seat in the bearings.