Service Manuals Testimonials Multimedia Editorials Archives Payments Sponsors Join Now! Advertise Contact Us Domains For Sale

The Laundromat Success Programâ„¢ helps you create a detailed plan to completely protect all aspects of your laundromat business.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:39 PM

bearing puller for wascomat

I need a bearing puller for Wascomat machines. I was reading I could buy a suitable one at sears. What sort do I buy? Can we use the same one for 18# and the 35# machines. I also need one for the Wascodry30/30. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:02 PM

I rent mine over the phone. I call the repair man...works perfectly every time!

Sorry. I know that was not helpful. I think it is a long jaw puller.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 AM

Default I found it.

Thanks, though.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crichmond1000 View Post
I need a bearing puller for Wascomat machines. I was reading I could buy a suitable one at sears.
Sears, Autozone, O'Reilly's etc.
Quote:
What sort do I buy?
two jaw eight inch. You can get a 2/3 jaw, meaning it can be setup for 2 or 3 jaws. If it ends up being too short, you can goto Lowes and buy 1/8 x 1" steel bar and make your own extensions. Or you can order them from Bee Smart E-Z way.
Tell them you saw their link and Company name on Coinwash.com
Quote:
Can we use the same one for 18# and the 35# machines.
Yes

Quote:
I also need one for the Wascodry30/30. Thanks.
I'm not familer with this one, but probably.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Premium Member

puller problems

Your interest in getting a puller seems to cloud what your are trying to do with it. Due you have an understanding of what it takes to accomplish a bearing replacement. There is so much more involved and a bearing puller is a small but important piece of the puzzle. I would have a professional accomplish the first one and use it as a OJT learning experience to save messing up and spending allot of time and money. Then having to redue it if you make a mistake. Get it done right and it will last much longer.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:33 PM

I agree with The Wizard. I have posted it before: there are two tools required to do this job. The telephone and the checkbook.

Step 1. Use telephone to call repairman

Step 2. Use checkbook to pay repairman.

The job takes a total of 5 minutes and gets done right the first time using my guide.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:13 PM

Default thanks...

I am not doing the job myself. We have a guy to do it and I have the instructions we found here on the forum and several other places.

My husband has been working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day on our other business and my mat is falling apart. Money is tight, but I am going to get it together. We are not a high volume mat but we are the only game in town. The price of utlities are killing me. We recently raised the prices on the washers and, soon, will have to raise the dryers again, too.

I am going to find out more about the dryers. They say Wascodry on the front and the manual says 30/30. My husband can't find the manual. (Yea, I'm pissed) The fella we bought the mat from told us they were the original dryers made by wascomat. He bought them used around 1996 or 97 and, while they are hot, the baskets fall apart and scrape alot. The shafts seem flimsy. He told us Cissell deals with their parts and we ordered stuff from them in the past, but now they are gone and, I think, Alliance handles that now. One of the baskets have come apart. Does anyone know if the "basket patch kit" at Bee Smart will handle this issue? Also, a shaft has actually broken from a heavy rug that was dried in the dryer. Can I get a machinist to make me a shaft, or is it cheaper to order one from somewhere?

We have some super old Cissells that rock. The only problem we have with them is the occasional pilot not lighting problem. They don't seem to get as hot as the 30/30's but they can dry anything just as quickly. I am sure they suck up the fuel, though.

I wonder how much of a savings it would be to buy new dryers. How close would the difference in my gas bill be to the payment? (I know....you have to know what my gas bill is and how much energy the dryers use.)

We have all frontloading wascomats in various sizes, 35 machines in all. Aside from the normal things going bad and, now, several with bearing issues.

You can save the snarky comments, I know we have screwed up. We have had more than our share of family emergencies in the past three years when we should have been learning all of this. I really don't want to get into specifics, but believe me, it has really sapped our time, finances, and energy.

I love my husband but he hasn't had the time to deal with maintanence and repairs in a timely manner, so I am taking it on myself. Please be patient, I have 3 kids, 10 yrs., 5 yrs., and 10 months, and my husband is working out of town, so I have to go at a slower pace. I have a surprising knack for mechanical things, and it has got to get done. I am not attempting the bearing issues myself, I just had to get a puller for the mechanic and was quoted some horrible rental rate with an astronomical deposit for the wascomat puller.

Thank you for all your input. You guys are a super group of minds, mechanically and business-wise.

Cristy
Old 09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Anonymous
"site-seer"

What model wascos are you working on? The reason I ask is that there is nothing that sears carrys that can handle a gen5 machine (the ones with the heavy cast iron gable)
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Premium Member

long and winding road

You seem to really have good drive and desire to make this work. Just hope the equipment can hold together while you take it piece by piece. I would recommend thruough evaluation all the equipment to the extent possible understanding there is no use putting in allot of money in one piece to repair it vice repairing 2 or more for the same price. Some machines are money pits and may need to be scrapped for parts to get the others going. The more machines available for the customers to use the less risk of customers waiting for machines and leaving and then leaving frustrated... I realize it does not look good with down equipment but something that can be removed easily to get something else going making money is sometimes necessary. The puller as mention might be available at the auto stores mentioned. They will rent often time for free just the deposit of the cost if you due not bring it back. Just tell them you are working on a car and bought a part that makes sense to need a puller. There are manuals available on this site you may have to be a member. The original 30-30 I think was a Heubsch now Alliance item I maybe wrong. Please provide model – serial number and I will verify and offer some assistance. Repair or replacement that is a good question which you must decide the value. The cost of new equipment is sky high and will sap a lot of money that could repair other equipment if your finances are limited. Look in the 2 laundry trade magazines. They have sections of companies which sell used equipment. Many Laundromats go under all the time sorry to tell you that. Buying used equipment as replacement or to use to fix several broken machines is a good cost saving idea. However, heed this warning verify what you are getting anyway possible. Once the junk i.e. used equipment is delivered you own it. Get pictures, model numbers of the equipment, pay buy cc card if possible to contest the charge if you get junk. 1 Good used piece could fix several if you know what you need. There are companies in the trades which offer rebuilt machines but some of then a rebuild is a paint job. Find the ones who will provide a listing of exactly what was rebuilt and what was tested and what warranty is involved. Good Luck
Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Premium Member

I am guessing the dryers are ADC 330 which you can get a manual for online. I am also looking at doing my first bearing job on a Wasco 125. I purchased a bearing kit from the Wasco dealer and it came with great detailed instructions and a list of the special tools required. I already have large pullers but there are a few more special tools such as threaded rod etc. Maybe you can have a rebuilt drum assy shipped in case the local tech is not able to reasonably rebuild it. Be careful about paying someone for their OJT and make sure they provide you with a time as well as cost estimate.

Regards,

Chuckles

Tags
bearing , puller , sears , tools , wascomat