Service Manuals Testimonials Multimedia Editorials Archives Payments Sponsors Join Now! Advertise Contact Us Domains For Sale

The Laundromat Success Programâ„¢ helps you create a detailed plan to completely protect all aspects of your laundromat business.

Old 09-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Anonymous
"site-seer"

lint interceptor

I am in the process of installing a new set of SQ frontload washers. A total of 17machines. (9) 20# units, (4) 30# units and (4) 60# units. The main drain is a 4" line. I need to have a lint interceptor installed at the end of the line and am looking for advice on a good servicalble unit to install. I looked at a JOSAM unit however it will cost about $2700. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:19 PM
Premium Member

http://www.draintroughs.com/

Tell them you saw their link on Coinwash.com

Last edited by IPSOTECH; 09-26-2003 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Premium Member

We have lint traps here, it is nothing more than a cement holding tank with the line running in, and a sepreate line running out, using the water as a p-trap. Some have screens between the enter and exit pipes to trap lint. My last mat they used a cement holding tank, may 200 gallons, it is deep, almost 6'. Ran the pipe in and down a little into the water, the exit pipe on the other side same way. I have it pumped every few years to get the crud out.

I have another trap at a different mat, it is about 4' deep, 5' long, 3' wide, and has thick screen across the middle.

I do not know what they cost, but am sure it is not $2700
Can you put in an outside lint trap??
Old 09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Premium Member

The key is to talk with your plumbing inspector. You should not need a $2500 unit.

We formed a simple box, about 2 foot square and 2 feet deep, with an inlet and an outlet. On 2 sides, we added a strip to create a small groove. We poured around it with concrete, then pulled the formers. I went to the junk yard and bought some aluminum mesh, with about 1/2 inch holes, and had it cut to fit in the grooves. Total cost, about $100 plus labor. The inspector was perfectly happy.

Charlie
Old 09-30-2003, 07:19 PM

We need them in Florida where we have lift stations with pumps for sewage lines. The traps protect the pumps. But why in RI or VA?